Friday, December 30, 2011

Hej då Matt !!

Took Matt to the airport this morning :( sad to see him go... but it's good he left before we started driving each other crazy!!

Bandy on boxing day was super fun. The stadium was packed when we got there, and we managed to find the section where the Uppsala/Sirius fans were (spied the blue and black striped toques and scarves) so we got to hear the cheers all through the game. I videoed some of them, eventually I will get around to putting up some of my videos of the year~! It was quite an exciting game, Sirius led right to the end, but they ended up tying... 5-5 though so plenty of chances to jump up and down and wave Matt's scarf around.

Next day we left for Helsinki on the Viking line. Same cruise I did with my friends back in October, but on their other ship. Wednesday we visited the (of course overpriced) market square and market hall, but some of the fur stuff was so gorgeously soft I vaguely considered buying some...
Then we got on the bus to go to the zoo (ironic?). They have an amazing setup for wildcats. Big exhibits but set up SO well to be able to actually SEE the cats. Most of them even walked right up to the glass to show off for us. I have never been so excited at a zoo before. Plus we saw a couple of animals I've never even heard of, which doesn't happen often!!
We only had a couple of hours off the ship in Helsinki, so we wandered around and did a bit of souvenir shopping/Matt waiting around while I looked through the boxing day "ale"s (apparently ale means sale in Finnish..?)

Last night, it being Matt's last night in Scandinavia, I made him try some herring (mustard flavour and dill flavour) and some beet 'salad' (Rödbetssallad). He didn't like any of them, but I wasn't really expecting him to...

HERE are photos from the second half of his trip.

2 comments: